Follow me on social media!

Twitter: @Clare23Ritchie
Instagram: @to_the_ends

Friday 31 July 2015

Favourite Things-July Edition

Hello Everyone...
When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I am feeling sad. I simply remember my favourite things and then I don't feel so bad-! July Edition 
It is the end of the month again and so I thought I would share with you my favourite things from July. Here we go!


Favourite Book: Water for Elephants  
Out of the books that I have read over July, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen has been my favourite. The Flight of the Falcon by Daphne Du Maurier is a close second, but I read them both over my holiday and Water for Elephants was easier to read and the storyline was a little simpler. And so it wins! 


Favourite Place Visited: Segovia 
I feel like after doing all those reviews on places I had seen in Spain, I had to choose my favourite place. Segovia wins by a mile! It is a beautiful city and I saw so many amazing things there. And it is also surrounded by mountains and I love the mountains so you know. 


Favourite YouTube Channel: BuzzFeed 
BuzzFeed have several different channels dealing with different areas, for instance BuzzFeedBlue deals with more scientific stuff and DIYs videos, BuzzFeedYellow deals with society-orientated issues, like sexuality and more issues that I can't think of right now, BuzzFeedViolet is a lot of really relatable, awkward situations that you find yourself in, like 'Why am I always late?' and 'What people do when they are home-alone?' and BuzzFeedVideo is just a combination of nerdy, weird, funny things. And the videos are all quite short so you can watch them really easily, without wasting loads of time, and you learn some stuff so it's great.

Favourite Videos
YouTuber Rumours? 
Surprising my brother on his birthday 
The Definition of 'Sexy' around the World 

Favourite Film: Inception

This film is incredible, to say the least. It was nominated for eight Academy Awards and won four of them for special effects and stuff. Inception is a film about dreams and dreams within dreams. An extractor, someone who can take information out of people's dreams, (Leonardo DiCaprio) has to plant an idea in the dream of the son of a very successful businessman to try and get him to divide his empire. The first ten minutes have you completely confused and most people have to watch it a few times in order to fully understand but it isn't frustrating if you don't get the whole story first time. On the contrary. It is fascinating. Christopher Nolan has done an amazing job at directing it and it has action sequences and it is really thrilling. Leonardo DiCaprio plays in it with Ellen Page and Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I really recommend you see it if you haven't already. 

Favourite Fact of July
When you are in water and the skin on your fingers and toes goes all crinkly, it is to improve your grip on wet and submerged objects and is an old adaptation that we no longer need because we don't live in water anymore.

Favourite Songs 
Super Trouper by ABBA
Voulez-Vous by ABBA
Waterloo by ABBA
I Don't Care, I Love It by Icona Pop
Angel with a Shotgun by The Cab
Try by P!nk
Elastic Heart by Sia 

A few little beauty/fashion items...


Sandals

I bought these from Marks and Spencer because my old ones had a sole that was wearing very thin and I kept slipping in them. These cost about £29.00, I think, but they are really comfortable. I did a lot of walking in them and I didn't get any blisters or anything. They are really sturdy as well, a reason why I don't like flip-flops very much because they are really flimsy sometimes. These sandals do give you some strange tan lines but that is the only complaint. 






Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Leave In Conditioner 

I have nothing but praise to give this. As I think I have mentioned before, I am cursed with having really thin frizzy hair which is horrible. Especially after being in the water, (in the sea or swimming pool) and the humidity, (in England or Spain), my hair gains about five centimeters of frizz that just grows and grows. I don't even know where it comes from because I don't have a lot of hair. But this conditioner doesn't make it feel greasy or oil and all of the tangles brush out really easily and it smells divine. I also have a really difficult time brushing my hair when it is dry and usually have to comb it because using a brush is sort of a death wish and this really helps calm it. 



Mango Body Butter

This, I have mixed feelings about. Sometimes, I love it but sometimes, not so much. However, I have been using it a lot during July so I thought that it deserved a mention. This is the Body Shop's Body Butter in the scent Mango. I have their Body Mist in Grapefruit but the Grapefruit Body Butter smells really weird, I thought, so I went for mango instead. On the one hand, this is really moisturizing and its scent stays on the skin for a long time but on the other hand, you have to be careful with how much you put on because it can leave your skin feeling very oily and uncomfortable. So you have to find a balance.  


And there you have it! Favourites from July, done and dusted! As always, I hope you enjoyed it. 

Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment